Please contact me if you work in procurement and are involved in the purchasing of legal services. We regularly organize meetings for procurement managers to exchange best practices.
Videos and Podcast:
- Buying the Law Podcast from the ISM annual services conference 2012
- Buying the Law Video from the ISM annual services conference 2012
- Procurement Video for Re-invent Law Dubai 2012 conference
- Power of the Purse: How Corporate Procurement is Influencing Law Firm Selection at Harvard Law School 2011
- The 2012 March/April issue of the Legal Marketing Association’s (LMA) Strategies Magazine is dedicated to The Influence of Procurement on the Purchasing of Legal Services. Click here to download the issue.
Articles and interviews:
- ARK Group: The Future of Legal Services (2011): Expert analysis 6: Power of the purse – How corporate procurement is influencing law firm selection
- ABA Law Practice Today (January 2012): Power of the Purse: How Corporate Procurement is Influencing Law Firm Selection
- JUVE Rechtsmarkt (Germany) (February 2012): Interview Wir stehen am Anfang eines Umbruchs
- The European Lawyer Magazine & The Global Legal Post (Feb 27, 2012): Procuring the Future
- Strategies Magazine – The Journal of Legal Marketing (March/April 2012): You Better Know Their Names and Understand Their Metrics: Corporate Procurement Influences the Law Firm Selection
- New York Law Journal (April 23, 2012): What They Didn’t Teach You in Law School – Until Now
- Juristes Associes (France) (June 8, 2012): Interview by Caura Barszcz La direction achats, un phénomène qui va durer?
- Corporate Counsel Magazine (July 26, 2012): Let the Competitive Bidding for Outside Counsel begin
- New York Law Journal (Aug 2, 2012): Auctions Gain Favor Among Companies Seeking to Hire Counsel
- Bloomberg Law (Aug 29, 2012): Legal Procurement: Sourcing is a Team Sport
- The Legal Intelligencer (Sep 19, 2012): Process Improvement in a Changing Legal Landscape
- New York Law Journal (October 15, 2012): Color Within the Lines When Dealing With Procurement
Conferences and Presentations:
- The first conference that brought together in-house lawyers, legal sourcing/procurement professionals, and private practice lawyers took place on June 15, 2012 in NYC: Power of the Purse: The Role of Corporate Procurement in the Buying of Legal Services
- Prof. Dr. Sven Tuzovic and I lectured on the topic “Power of the Purse: How Corporate Procurement is Influencing Law Firm Selection” on December 6, 2011 at Harvard Law School. Watch the video